Splash About Hong Kong (“Splash About”) are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after your personal information is very important to us, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safe and secure. We will always make it clear to you, how we use your data for a better and more personalised shopping experience.
- by your use of splashabout.com.hk, or any Splash About Hong Kong application that we make available from time to time (“Application“)
- by interacting with our content and/or services or
- by contacting our Customer Care Team.
Our policy also applies to information held about existing suppliers and possible future suppliers, contacts and all other people we hold information about.
Please read the following carefully to understand practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
You must be over 16 to register for an account at Splash About, subscribe to Splash About emails and/or place an order with Splash About.
Who are we?
Splash About Hong Kong is owned and operated by Streamline Sports Limited.
Splash About is the Data Controller and responsible for this Site.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by emailing; firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at; Data Protection Officer, Splash About/Streamline Sports, Unit C, 17/F Regency Centre Phase 2, 41-43 Wong Chuk Hang Road, Aberdeen, Hong Kong.
Information we collect about you.
By the word ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share, store and transfer in physical and electronic form. This information is grouped together in the following categories:
- Identity and Contact Information including for example, first name, last name, title, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address or any other information you provide within the site.
- Financial Information includes bank account and payment card details
- Transaction Information includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us
- Technical Information includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, language, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site or any Application
- Other Information includes first name, last name, title, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address, password, purchase and order history, wish list, contact with the Customer Care Team, and any other information you provide
- Usage Information includes information about how you use the Site or any Application and our products and services
- Marketing and Communications Information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, including delivery services and your communication preferences
- Contact History means keeping a record of what you have said to us, for example, over the phone, bylive chat, through a web form, by email, on social media or otherwise
- Social Information means information collected if you choose to link your social media accounts with us.
How we collect information about you
You may give us your information by filling in forms on the Site or any Application, or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, on social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- register for an account with us
- place an order;
- sign up to our newsletters;
- register for any loyalty scheme that we offer from time to time;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact our Customer Care Team;
- enter a competition, promotion, or survey, on our site or any social media account operated by us; or
- give us some feedback.
We could and probably will also receive information about you from various third parties such as: analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers and payment service providers.
How we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
Identity & Contact Information
- to deliver your purchases to you
- to send you service messages by email, SMS or otherwise, such as order updates
- to create and manage your Splash About account
- to provide customer care and support, and handle returns
- for security and to check your identity
- to provide you with marketing (where we have the right to do so – see marketing section below)
- to show you Splash About adverts as you browse the web
- to direct you to the right part of the website
- to communicate with yo
- to take payment, and give refunds
- for fraud prevention and detection
- to provide products you order to you
- to provide customer care and support and handle returns
- to find out what you, and other customers like
Technical & Usage Information
- to improve our Site and any Application and set default options for you (such as language and currency)
- to keep our Site safe and secure
- to find out what you and other customers like, so we can improve our products and website.
- to find out what you, and other customers like
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods, or services that may be of interest to you
- to manage your participation in any loyalty scheme
- to provide advice, including sizing and other Look Book or matching item options we think you may like.
Marketing and Communications Information
- to send you information by email, SMS, post, other otherwise, about our products and services
- to provide customer care and support
- to train our staff
- to enable you to log-in to our Site simply and easily without having to create a separate account
- to enable you to share products and services if you choose to
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and enter into, such as your purchase order, in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Where our processing your data is based on the legitimate interests described above, which are: (a) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient customer experience; (b) running our business; (c) to provide the products and services you have requested; (d) to prevent fraud; and (e) for our own marketing, research and product development.
Information that we will share third parties
Other than those expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or we are required by law to do so.
- Companies that help us fulfil your orders such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so that we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media Sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us)
- Competition winners on social media
We may also share your personal information with:
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any information which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your information, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your information, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your information (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
- to restrict processing of your information;
- to data portability (moving some of your information elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- to object to your information being processed in certain circumstances; and to not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your information.
Any request for access to, or a copy of your information, must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month, which is in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, please let us know if any of your personal details change. You can access, update, or correct your personal account details by accessing the “My Account” section of the Splash About website.
Data Access Requests
We will gladly assist in any data access requests free of charge.
These requests must be made in writing to email@example.com When contacting us to Please include the following:
Details of the specific information you require and any relevant dates
We may ask for further information to identify you and ensure the personal data relates to the individual making the request.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. We use SSL Software to encrypt your payment card information when you place an order on our secure server. For your added security all payment transactions are processed automatically by Paypal, and we are not party to your personal credit card or bank details. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may also use your information to share with you what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have requested information from us, or you have purchased goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We may also market to you if we have received your express consent to do so, for instance, where we have collected your details in connection with a competition or other promotion and you have agreed to receive marketing from us.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link within an email to unsubscribe from that specific email type
By contacting our Customer Service Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you do this, we will update your account to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Stopping marketing messages, however, will not stop service communications, regarding order updates, information on returns, or customer service responses.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any other company for marketing purposes.
We also engage in online advertising, we do this to keep in touch with you and let you know what we’re up to and to help you see and find out useful information about our products.
Like many companies, we target Splash About banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some Sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of the Site or any Application including, your Site search history and the content you read on the site, or on Site banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as we need in order to provide the services to you, or in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Support team, for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
It may also be reasonably necessary, or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, that we keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account, or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information to do this, (provided that you have consented to receive them) for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
If you are concerned about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the data protection regulator.
Changes to this Policy